#howto render a vertical strip that repeats horizontally in #fractorium (possibly also other #flame #fractals software like #apophysis or #chaotica ). possible use case: texture for #autostereogram generation.
0. start with some flame
1. add a Final transform with linear variation weight 0 and modulusx weight 1. its affine transform should be reset to identity.
2. set flame Width to 256px, and Scale to 128.0 (presumably half the width works in all cases).
3. make sure camera rotation and offset are 0.0
- a small seam is still visible in Firefox when zooming in, possible workaround is to render bigger, tile in #imagemagick #montage , then downscale and crop, to make the seam as (subpixel) small as desired
- "overlaps" in the fractal structure, but I don't care about that (yet)