LURK is used by several communities coming from a variety of cultural, ethnic and professional backgrounds. We strive for LURK to be welcoming to people of these various backgrounds and provide a non-toxic and harassment-free environment. To that extent we’re in the process of writing a Code of Conduct, Terms of Services and Privacy Statement, and have moderators on different platforms.
For now, by using LURK services you agree to the following:
- Be respectful towards others as much as possible.
- Absolutely no harassment, stalking or disclosure of others’ personal details (doxing). Users which violate this rule will be unconditionally banned.
- Hate speech, such as, but not limited to: white supremacy, ethnostate advocacy, discussion of national socialism / nazism will not be tolerated. Users which violate this rule will be unconditionally banned.
- Mass-advertising content is prohibited. However we encourage you to share calls for projects/papers, new project announcements of yours, upcoming events and tasteful reminders to your followers of things like Patreon or websites where they can purchase/support your work.
- Media containing sexualized depictions of children (including lolicon) are not allowed. Users with violate this rule will be banned.
- If you have trouble with a local or remote user, on any of LURK services, violating these rules, contact the relevant admin and moderators (see below).
- THESE HOSTED SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE ADMINS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE HOSTED SERVICES OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE HOSTED SERVICES.
Welcome to post.lurk.org, an instance for discussions around cultural freedom, experimental, new media art, net and computational culture, and things like that.