sndkit now has some automated TeX equation rendering support! TeX equations can now be embedded in a document, then automatically rendered to a PNG file.
Here's an example: https://pbat.ch/sndkit/peakeq/
n64 emulator question
Looking for something that can emulate n64 games. Either it does HDMI out into a TV, or it is a handheld of some sorts.
(I've already tried Mupen64plus on my oneplus 2 with lineageOS and it chokes too much.)
How is the pi4 for n64 emulation? I'm reading that it if you overclock it, it should be able to handle it.
There was one exciting moment where the times were about the same and I thought org-mode had done some serious optimizations.
Nope, I just forgot to re-enable noweb in the org document.
Also, pretty much any naive attempt at building a org tangler from scratch is going to outperform org-babel-tangle. Org-babel does NOT scale with emacs when you use named codeblocks.
Just for the lulz, I ran my measurement test again today emacs vs Worgle tangling worgle.org:
Org-babel-tangle (via Emacs): 1m22.693s
There's no fancy optimizations happening in Worgle. Hardly anything fancy at all, really. But it's performing 44,000x faster than emacs.
It doesn't take much to write a simple org-mode tangler from scratch.
About a year ago, I spent a day writing an org-tangler in C (~700 LOC). While pretty limited, it does do noweb-style named code blocks, which are essential in literate programming. It also exports line macros to make C debugging tremendously easier. This is *not* a feature you'd find in emacs either.
My original tangler is still used to this day to bootstrap into Worgle:
The #janet devs can be... oddly passive with their github issues.
February, I make an issue about how I can do X.
Some Janet users quickly attempt to help, but they aren't sure how to do it either.
In the meantime, I've duct-taped a solution that works good enough for my needs. Life is fine.
7 months later, another Janet user (not a dev) out of the blue with the same issue points shows me a commit of the exact feature I needed... done 2 months after I filed the initial issue. And they do a proper job of it too! No acknowledgement of this in my original issue.
This has happened twice to me with them. Super weird. But hey, the shit gets done one way or another so I'm certainly not complaining :)
It would seem that the #arduboy display buffer aligns bytes as 8-pixel columns, rather than rows. Kinda nifty.
S/morale/moral/. Dam you, homonyms.
Been playing around with a modified version of the chaos noise algorithm found in SuperCollider's "Crackle". Next thing you know, I find myself channeling my inner Dean Hurley. The morale of the story is: add a "rate" parameter to your noise generators! #blacklodge
Here's the #runt code used to generate the sound. "chaosnoise" is the generator itself.
0.9 1.3 0.512 randi
40 45 0.5 randi
10.1 metro 0.1 0 maygate 9000 mul add
60 60 3 eqfil
bdup bdup 0.93 8000 revsc bdrop -10 ampdb mul
4000 2000 2 eqfil
"test.wav" wavout bdrop
30 sr * _compute rep
Stumbled upon a crayola color palette in JSON. It has the name, hex, and RGB values.
Wrote a quick program to parse the JSON and generate a small preview.
Implemented 3 addressing modes to the gyo cpu.
This is bc10.tairyzesh. #breathingcards
This etude encapsulates some things that have interested me in the past 3 months (it took *way* too long to make this):
rainbows (okay not a rainbow here, but still)
vintage apple color palette (see: rainbows)
feedback FM (via fmpair) https://pbat.ch/sndkit/fmpair/
my trig rhythm computer (drums were sequenced with this): https://pbat.ch/proj/monolith/wiki/trig/
Sound, music, computers, etc.
Human being, being human.
Welcome to post.lurk.org, an instance for discussions around cultural freedom, experimental, new media art, net and computational culture, and things like that.