1. Install fDroid
2. Install UserLAnd from fDroid
3. Install Debian Buster from UserLAnd
4. apt upgrade to Bullseye
5. apt install xfce4 xorg dbus dbus-x11 xrdp xorgxrdp
6. echo xfce4-session > ~/.xsession
7. sudo service dbus start
8. sudo service xrdp start
9. Install aFreeRDP from fDroid
10. Connect to localhost and hopefully see an xfce4 desktop
11. install Wine in UserLAnd's debian
12. cross-compile KF for aarch64 on desktop Debian x86_64 using llvm mingw port
13. much wailing and gnashing of teeth as the binary fails to start on the tablet with obscure errors
14. also wine notepad.exe displays a blank window, and other wine dialogs are also blank - trying `winetricks corefonts` now in the hope that something becomes visible..
Blank windows in Wine and xterm are fixed by using VNC instead of RDP, though the VNC client for Android I found has much less ergonomic mouse and keyboard controls than the RDP client.
got KF x86_64 running in hangover 0.4.0 (wine + cpu emulator) on android aarch64, takes 20 seconds to render the basic unzoomed default mandelbrot (very slow);
I patched the apk to replace notepad++.exe with kf.exe, delete the meta-inf certs, resign with jarsigner (with a new personal self-signed key), zipalign after signing. - a cleaner way would maybe be to rebuild hangover from source but not keen on that.
anyway hangover for android is abandonware now (could maybe build for linux but I don't have enough free space on th device, cross-compiling would be less fun).
oh, and with no scroll wheel mouse or keyboard to ctrl-click there's no way to zoom in or out in KF....
Welcome to post.lurk.org, an instance for discussions around cultural freedom, experimental, new media art, net and computational culture, and things like that.