new feature release of kalle's fraktaler 2.14 (development) branch
- new feature: nanomb2 algorithm for power 2 Mandelbrot (experimental) (originally by knighty)
- new feature: display Newton period (and set limit for nanomb2 algorithm) in Location dialog
- new feature: Ctrl-Shift-W shortcut to set image size (suggested by gerrit)
- bugfix: distinguish dialog titles for set window size and set image size
- bugfix: fix corrupt images when zooming out from the default view
- new feature: dialogs to en/disable derivatives when opening file with/out
analytic DE; automatically enabling derivatives if needed in CLI mode (reported by gerrit)
- default zoom size changed from 4 to 2 (press Ctrl-4 to reset to 4, or load a settings file with your preference) (suggested by gerrit, to avoid the dreaded "zoom size is not 2" warning when saving zoom out sequence).
- merged changes from 2.13.11
(experimental means sometimes images are bad, like the attached)
https://fractalforums.org/fractal-mathematics-and-new-theories/28/another-possible-way-to-accelerate-mb-set-deep-zooming/277 is the thread where knighty introduced the idea, first implementation source code starts to be posted around page 8 or so
Welcome to post.lurk.org, an instance for discussions around cultural freedom, experimental, new media art, net and computational culture, and things like that.