How is "headless chrome" (puppeteer) not just a worse version of lynx?
Apparently, I enjoy being attacked for opinions on browsers....
lynx is the only good browser.
Good things about lynx include:
* It's the most accessible browser and works very well with screen readers.
* You can run it in a terminal.
* No mouse, no problem.
* Low overhead.
* Not linked to crashing my computer.
* Minimal memory leaks
* Automatable - if a wifi hotspot wants regular logins via a browser, you can put it on a chron job.
* It has a limited scope of what it tries to do and does those things well.
@celesteh When someone here used lynx to look at our website, we found some mysterious links that are not visible in any other browser.Thanks for reminding me again of why I wanted to go back to using lynx more often again now.
I just tried to log into mastodon with it and it doesn't work!
Welcome to post.lurk.org, an instance for discussions around cultural freedom, experimental, new media art, net and computational culture, and things like that.