further into the rabbit hole, started to document findings about #OctaMED SoundStudio. Sadly a lot of stuff has just completely disappeared. Search engines are useless, and the wayback machine can only help with a very very few sites (also assuming that you have a URL to start with). Right now the leftover knowledge seems to be scattered across the archives of past discussions on a few #Amiga web forums.
So I managed to get myself an #Amiga 600 and added all the different boards and whatnot I wanted to have on this config (more on that later), but for future ref, here is how I was using emulation with #MIDI support on a #raspberrypi until now:
@pixouls I used diagrams.net/draw.io in the end (the Apache licensed one). The fact that I could fix the connection points anywhere I wanted really helped (it's also possible on the other one, but when you move blocks, the connection points start to slide to be visually smart, which is great, but not for this use case). It looks like a mess, but now I know where to put what and which cables I'm missing. Also, was easier like this than doing it with the real hardware :)